January 01, 2013
1. What did you do this year that you've never done before?
took the kidlets to Disneyland Paris and Winter Wonderland, hired an ABA therapist for one of my children, went to the Olympics, toured the Harry Potter film studios.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i didn't make resolutions, but i did write a list of things i hoped to achieve this year - more on that in a separate post....
3. Did anyone close to you give birth this year?
my sister gave birth to her second little boy, Oscar, on 1st October. He is so gorgeous :)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit this year?
France (Paris) at the beginning of the year. But our main family holiday was in this country.
6. What would you like to have in the next year that you lacked this year?
More time and more energy! Apart from that, i can't really think of anything.
7. What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory and why?
1st October - the date my sweet little nephew Oscar was born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
i can't really think of anything big i've achieved this year, which makes me sad in a way, but i have been really busy looking after the kidlets and serving Sir. i guess William's biggest achievement was learning to sit unaided, which i was a part of, so i'll say that.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major that i can recall.
10. What did you get really, really, really excited about this year?
Going to the Olympics, the birth of my new nephew Oscar, William meeting new milestones.
11. What song will always remind you of this year?
'We could be heroes' - i'll always remember the GB athletes walking in to that song during the opening ceremony of the Olympics.
12. Compared to this time last year are you:- happier or sadder? :- richer or poorer? :- thinner or fatter?
a bit happier i think - i'm really proud of my children's achievements and feel more 'settled' with my life; about the same financially, though William's therapies are really expensive; about the same weight though i would like to get a lil bit fatter.
13. What do you wish you'd done more of?
taking photos and videos of the children and putting them into albums to preserve the memories.
14. What do you wish you'd done less of?
i actually can't think of anything, which surprises me quite a bit.
15. Did you fall in love this year?
i am already in love with my Sir.
16. What was your favourite TV program for the year?
i haven't watched many TV programmes, but i recently signed up to 'Love Film' on my laptop and have been watching some series that i missed - i really enjoyed 'The Tudors' and am planning to watch 'Downton Abbey', '24', 'Prison Break' and others :)
17. What was the best book you read this year?
i enjoyed the 'Hunger Games' books and am looking forward to reading 'The Life of Pi'.
18. What was your favourite film of the year?
Skyfall - the James Bond film - and The Hobbit.
19. Who was the best new person you met this year?
Can't think of anyone new (except for a couple of people on the chatrooms).
20. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned for this year?
That sometimes people will get the wrong idea about me from my blog and then be disappointed when i don't become their new best friend for life, as they're expecting.